Subject: Character of the **** CHAR003.txt
From: Tony Limbert <[email-masked]>

Character of the ****   CHAR003.txt
                      (C) 1997 TONY LIMBERT, USN.
 GURPS is a registered trademark of Steve Jackson Games Incorporated.

No infringement is intended.  No money is being made, nothing. Nada.
Zip.  Character of the **** will appear... hey, once a ****!  The
usual characters will be centered on my own Fantasy / Cyberpunk world,
but I will insert some variety with varing TL and Genre characters.
Hey folks... if I don't have the book... [shrug]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GENRE: Fantasy                                             CHAR003.TXT
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so no point count. Sue me. Hey, you guys appreciate this work?? I
STILL have yet to recieve one single bit of praise/disgust about this
"free service"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Dagger McDirk       Race: Cornathi    [M] SR: DustBlood Age: 25
Appearance: Varies acc. to Shape. Currently: ELF  6'2, Black Hair,
brown eyes. 180lbs.  Age: 135 years old.
                        SEE BOTTOM FOR RACE DESCRIPTION
Reaction:
.=-----------------------------=------------------=--------[PD DR]-=.
| ST: 10  Fat.: 10 Damage      | Basic Spd: 6.00  |  Armor:  0  0   |
| DX: 13            Thr: 1d-2  |      Move: 6     | Shield:  0  0   |
| IQ: 15  Will:     Swg: 1d    |      Swim: 1     |  Other:  0  0   |
| HT: 11  H.P.: 11  Kck:       |       Fly:       |  Total:     0   |
`=-----------------------------=------------------=----------------='
 Attrib:       |Dodge : 6    Parry : 6    Block : 6   | Encumberance
 Ad/Dis:       =--------------------------------------= (0):      lbs
 Skills:       |Head   0/0(2)Arms   0/0   Hand   0/0  | (1):      lbs
Unspent:       |Body   0/0   Legs   0/0   Feet   0/0  | (2):      lbs
-------------- =--------------------------------------= (3):      lbs
  Total: _____ |                                      | (4):      lbs
=-------------------------------------------------------------------=
SKILLS             Pt. Cost  Lvl.   SKILLS             Pt. Cost  Lvl.
Flight                 1    [ 12 ]  Broadsword             4    [ 13 ]
Sleight of Hand        1    [ 11 ]  Lockpick               .5   [ 13 ]
Crossbow               1    [ 13 ]  Throwing               4    [ 13 ]
Intimidation           1    [ 14 ]  Gesture                .5   [ 14 ]
Streetwise             2    [ 15 ]  Pickpocket             1    [ 11 ]
Bow                    4    [ 13 ]  Survival (Woods)       .5   [ 13 ]
Detect Lies            1    [ 13 ]  Lasso                  .5   [ 11 ]
Poisons                2    [ 14 ]  Scrounging             .5   [ 14 ]
Blowpipe               1    [ 11 ]  Tracking               4    [ 16 ]
Fast-Talk              2    [ 15 ]  Net                    .5   [ 10 ]
Ventriloquism          1    [ 13 ]  Shadowing              4    [ 16 ]
First Aid              1    [ 15 ]  Navigation             .5   [ 15 ]
Acting                 2    [ 15 ]  Shield                 .5   [ 12 ]
Swimming               .5   [ 12 ]  Stealth                1    [ 12 ]
Criminology            2    [ 15 ]  Reptile Man            .5   [ 13 ]
Knife                  .5   [ 12 ]  Minotaur               .5   [ 13 ]
Elf                    .5   [ 13 ]  Angora                 .5   [ 13 ]
Orc                    .5   [ 13 ]  Human                  .5   [ 13 ]
Kobold                 .5   [ 13 ]  Dwarf                  .5   [ 13 ]
Goblin                 .5   [ 13 ]  Halfling               .5   [ 13 ]

Advantages, Disadvantages, and Quirks:
Bloodlust       [-10],  Greed       [-15], Berzerk             [-15].
Abs. Direction    [5],  Danger Sense [15], Wealth: Wealthy (x5) [20],
Alertness +1      [5].
RACIAL: Cornathi [30]:  IQ+2         [20], Morph                [40],
Mimicry          [15],  DR 3         [15]. Secret              [-30],
Sense of Duty:Cornathi [-15],      Extreme Curiosity   [-15] (Will-3)

[-1] Collects the teeth of his enemies.
[-1] Always goes for leg shots: likes to watch 'em limp!
[-1] Likes to help underdogs.
[-1] Fascinated by the Unnatural.
[-1] Always has a book to read.

EQUIPMENT:
 HORSE: Net______  Lasso___________  _______________  ________________
 ________________  ________________  _______________  ________________
 ________________  ________________  _______________  ________________
 ________________  ________________  _______________  ________________
 Diary(1)          Diary(2)          _______________  ________________

STORY:   Just a general traveller from his tribe, he is looking for a
fun filled life.

Memories :
[1] Dagger McDirk - Bounty Hunter. ELF  6'2, Black Hair, brown eyes.
180lbs.  Age: 135 years old.

[2] Cinthia Correster - Countess.  HUMAN  5'3, Blond Hair, Blue eyes.
102 lbs.  Very Beautiful (+4 Reaction) [Big'uns!].  27 years old.

[3] Billibo - Thief.   HALFLING   3'0, Black hair, black eyes. 150
lbs.

[4] Ungu - C.M.    MINOTAUR

[5] Ned Smiley - Bank Robber.  DWARF

[6] A rat.      [7] A cat.    [8] A Grizzly Bear.   [9]  A snake.
[10] A Winged folk.  [11] A Great Dragon.    [12]  An Earth Elemental.
[13] A hawk.
[14] -empty-
[15] -empty-
 
CORNATHI /Core - nath - e/

    Cornathi are average sized humanoids (determine height and weight
normally, then add 40 lbs) with the inherent ability to change their
shape at will.  They have large white eyes, angled features, and tough
grey skin which is totally devoid of hair (including the head).
Cornathi have stubby fingers that end in small claws.

Advantages and Disadvantages

Cornathi have IQ +2 (20 points), and the advantages Morph (40 points),
Mimicry (15 points), and Damage Resistance +3 (15 points).  They have
the disadvantages Secret - Is a Cornathi: Possible Death (-30
points),Sense of Duty - to welfare of race (-15 points) and Extreme
Curiosity (-15 points).
    It costs 30 points to play a Cornathian.

Psychology

    Because their natural ability to shapechange has violated every
known race's sense of identity (except certain mind-linked races),
Cornathians have always been hunted down as hated creatures.  The fear
that races hold toward Cornathians can be seen in the common names for
this feared race: Dopplegangers, Dops, Negra-Wraiths and Boogeymen.

    However, most Cornathi are not concerned with gaining revenge on
the races that have pushed them to the brink of extinction ages past.
To the average Cornathian, to live a life full of happiness is the
greatest accomplishment.  And since one must stay alive to attain that
goal, Cornathi tend to run from hopeless fights.  However, if a
Cornathi is ever trapped in a corner, or if another Cornathi's life is
endangered (especially a family member), they will fight with a
savagery that makes even the most gruesome Minotaur cringe.  "I gave
her a chance to leave me alone, but she chose not to.  She chose
poorly."

    A Cornathian with the BAD TEMPER or BERSERK disadvantage will have
to make an additional will roll to avoid changing into the most
fearsome creature that the Cornathian has memorize.  Many a bully has
picked on a Halfling only to suffer from a heart attack when the
Cornathian turned into a grizzly!

    Except in cases where a Cornathian is with others of it's own
kind, or with a trusted ally, a Cornathian will never disclose the
fact that it is a shape-changer.  (NOTE: The HONESTY disadvantage does
not apply in this case.  We're talking possible death folks!)

    Most Cornathi are concerned with living a full and rich life, not
with following a plan of retribution against those races that pushed
them to the brink of extinction.  Because of this, most Cornathi will
flee from a potential fight.  But if cornered, a Cornathian will
slaughter the entire danger.

    A Cornathi will never reveal willingly that he is a cornathian to
anyone but another Cornathian or a most trusted ally.

Ecology

    While not being totally carnivorous, the Cornathi ability to
change their shape has turns them into efficient hunters.  However,
their skills as hunters are offset by the natural odor that is emitted
by each Cornathian, a smell that is detectable by a smell roll -5.
This odor is detectable within 3 hexes of a Cornathian only, and can
easily be detected by a fellow Cornathian (Smell roll +2).

Cornathi have the taboo trait of not eating creatures with an IQ over
7.

    When Cornathi reach maturity around the age of 19, the female of
the species will usually choose a member of her tribe (or a nearby
tribe) for a mate.  These unions last until death, when the surviving
member may take on a new mate.
    A Cornathian female is fertile once every two years, and usually
gives birth to twins.  The gestation period is roughly one year.

    A Cornathian can shapechange into any creature that is currently
in present sight, or can change into a remembered shape. A Cornathi
can remember IQ number of shapes, and can write over these remembered
shapes.
    It is physically impossible for a Cornathian to memorize the form
of another Cornathian, or to mimic his or her voice.

IQ checks to determine that the Cornathi is not Mr. x  ...

If the person is a -
            Casual Acquaintance: -4
             Daily Acquaintance: -2
                        Friend: +2
                  Close Friend: +4
                  Close Family: +6
             Empathy Advantage: +3
The Cornathi has Acting at 12+: -2
              Fast-Talk at 12+: -1

Note: If the Cornathi has read the mind of the chosen victim, there is
a lesser chance of discovery.

Culture

    Most live away from civilization because they are hunted.  Those
rare individuals that live in cities will tend to be loners, and will
shy away from having a large amount of friends.

Cornathi tend to live in scattered villages.

    Their social mores state that a Cornathian can not harm, kill,
cheat, rob betray another Cornathian.  The few exceptions to this rule
are considered "horrendously evil" by the Cornathi Nation, and word
about the individual will travel quickly from one tribe to another.
This individual will have gained the disadvantage of Enemy: Cornathi
Nation (-30 points).  This individual will be killed on sight by
Cornathi.
    However, considering that a Cornathian can only determine that
another being is a Cornathian by his odor, detection of this rogue is
difficult. But not impossible.

    The Cornathi have no nudity taboo.

    When encountered in their villages, which are often located in
some secluded valley or mountain plateau, they will not be in their
natural forms, but will be in the form of the most numerous race in
the surrounding area.

Politics

    All Cornathi are considered part of the same nation, no matter
what tribe they are a member of.
    There in no national government for the Cornathi, no elected
official, nothing.  The only governing body is the council of elders
for each tribe.  The concept of the Nation of Cornathi is tied into
the race's sense of duty for each other.  Each Cornathian tribe is
connected to each other, the only thing that separates each other is
the distance in miles, not any antipathy for each other.

Cornathi react at -4 to elves, due to "The Great War"
Cornathi react at -1 to humans because of the pity factor.
Cornathi react at +1 to other shapechanging species.
A Cornathian will NEVER have a reaction lower than 8 with another
    Cornathian unless that Cornathian has commited a heinous crime
    against the Cornathi Nation.

==[ Tony J. Limbert, USN.  [email-masked] ]==================
RED DWARF, GURPS, a dead TSR   | "Without you,                      |
rep, DELPHI, C++, and a cold   |    everything falls apart          |
beer.  Oh yeah, some KMFDM or  |  Without you, It's not as much fun |
PINK FLOYD on the stereo. Yeah.|    to pick up the pieces" - NIN    |
==[ "We are all Gods inside." - Bill Heathrow     ]==================