Subject: Re: Kobujutsutu
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 11:58:16 -0500

On Wed, 1 May 1996, G.M. Littmann wrote:

>   In times past, populations who were denied access to arms learned how 
> to fight with tools.  The use of rice flails in Kobujutsu would be an 
> example.  Can anyone design (in GURPS terms), a martial art that a MODERN 
> disarmed population might use to make use of available materials?  What 
> are the best weapons that we have lying around the house?

Okay, after all that huzzah about cookbooks and bombs, I'll come up
with a style:

Joe Blow Do:
10/15 points

Primary Skills:  Karate, knife, fast-draw(balisong), flail (for
monowire whips; flexible weapon and weighted at the end... sounds like
a flail!), judo, axe/mace, broadsword, guns (pistol), computer operation

Secondary Skills:  Demolitions, Computer Programming, Armory (Guns),
fast-talk, holdout, scrounging, chemistry, throwing

Maneuvers:  arm lock, jab, lunge

Cinematic Skills:  Drunken style, pressure points, pressure secrets,
throwing art

Cinematic Maneuvers:  binding

Remember, I don't have MA2e, so the rules may have changed on me.

Gilmer Brendan Young

[email-masked]