Subject: FireLizards, Revised
From: Rogue The Bronze Firelizard <[email-masked]>

Now that I have both Comp I and a little time to kill, I have revised
Firelizards and finished them off...

Firelizards (Based on Anne MacCaffery's firelizards from her Dragonriders
             of Pern Series)

Firelizards are Miniture dragons about the size of a human forearm, it is
from their genetic stock that the Kitti Ping Yang Engenered their Larger
Dragons, to combat 'thread'.though unlike the comman 'mythical' dragons
of earth, firelizards did not have scales, but a leathery hide, it is from
the color of this hide that the subspices are known.
 Firelizards have 5 sex based subseices:

The Gold or Queen Firelizard is A Female, and the donmante on a Firelizard
'Fair' are among the largest of the Firelizards (the others are the
Bronze), at about 2 Feet long from sought to tail tip. It is 'unknow' for
firelizard to disobey the Senor Queen of the fair. there tends to be about
5 to three golds in a fair. they are exreamly protective of the clutches
of eggs, often calling on the other firelizards to help in there defence.

The next is the Bronze, a male, the largest and smartest amoung the males
subspecies, though not quite as aglie as the smaller males though. and are
about the same size as the golds.

the Middle in in size is the second of the male subspices the Brown
the don't quite have the size and the stanmia  the Bronze, but they are
slighly more agial and the hold a larger proption of fair make up than the
larger Bronzes.

The next is the Smallest of the males, the Blue, they are the most numerus
of the males, and the most agile, though not quite as smart as the larger
subspicies.

the last subspices is the Green, and are female, The are slightly more
numerouse than the blues and are about the same size. though they lack the
intentct to gard the cluches of eggs. this might be as wheel as the tend
to produce large numbers of eggs quite often. 

Mating Flights:

when a Female 'Rises' to mate, the intrested males whill also rise to try
and catch her. she will then try to drag out the flight till only the
stongest is left to catch her, with a long flight seems to produce a
better clutch.

Queen flights it is normal a Bronze that catches her though as the smaller
males tend to 'run out of steam' be fore the queen tires. though it is not
unknown for a brown to catch the queen, and for a blue to catch juinor
queen. though the clutches tend to be not as 'strong' in such cases.
the Male that chatches the Senor Queen is the domanite male, until the
next 'flight'

Clutches:
Clutches are layed on tropical Pern Beaches, where the sun and hotsand,
incubates the eggs

Gold/Bronze pairings
	there is an occational Gold egg, 2 or 3 Bronze eggs 5 to 7 browns
        and 9 to 11 blues and greens.

Gold/Brown pairins there are never any gold eggs maybe 1 Bronze, the rest
 	and split amoung Brown, Blue and Greens

Gold/Blue : never any golds or bronzes, maybe a brown, the rest are either
	blues or greens

Green/Bronze: as Gold/Brown

Green/Brown: as Gold/Blue

Green/Blue: equall mix between Blue and green.

Natural enames:

Sandsnakes eat the unguarded eggs.
Wheeres (bacily large flying osches) eat the young, and others that fail
to teleport away to safty.

Hatching. 
just prior to a hatching the adults begin to Hum, which gets quicker and
louder the closer to the first egg crack (they seem to know instentivle
when an egg is about to hatch).
the hatchlings have only one thing on ther mind, food and will stop at
nothing until they are feed, including flying out after 'thread'.

if they are a feed by someone at this point the will 'impress' forming
a lv 4 mindlink with this person, and will be a costent partner with this
person until death. (one of the resons they are saught as psi familers).

Food:
they are caniverse, maily feeding off of fish and small birds, though the
seem to enjoy a dangerous deacusy of 'Thread'

Thread:
Thread, isn't a native to Pern, it is a mindless orgism native to the Orrt
Cloud at the edge of the Rukbat system. it comes to Pern via a Caputed
planet simply known as the 'Red Star'. who's orbit passes though the cloud
and passes close enough to Pern every 140 turns (just short of an terren
Year) and leves enough of the orginism in Pern's orbit to keep it falling
on pern fo 40 turns calles a 'pass' (leaving 100 turn inerval betwwen
passes). when thread enters perns atomosphere it transforms into a second
stage, which 'devours' all organic substands it comes in contact with in
mater of seconds. It is highly sucssptable to fire, cold, and drowing.

Firebreath:
Firelizards have a second stomic that after chewing 'firestone'( a
phosphine-berring rock that _recks!_) prosess it to enable a firelizard to
produce a flame that they can substain for 3 to 6 seconds.
Note this prosess is belived to cause sterility in females.

Teleportion:
Firelizards Psionicly are able to transporth themselves though a
alternitive demition called *Between*, at maxium rand this takes about 3
seconds. *Between* is exsreamly cold, but apart from that it is total
sesory deprovation. any openings in the hide can faster, and be
protetianly fatal if exposed the *Between*. and a critical falire can
leave you 'lost *Beteen*'.
(Note Dragons in the searise can also use this ablity when guided by a
 rider to Time travel, but I have not 'costed' for this)

Communication:
Firelizards comunitcate via two methords the first is a songlike Chirping.
and the second is though telepathic 'images'

Eyes:
firelizards have multi fasited eyes, that change colour, depending onn
there emotinal state. these colours 'whirl' add differnt speeds reviling
the intensity of the state.
Red 		= Hunger
White 		= Danger
Yellow		= Fear
Purple		= Devotion/Love
Orange w/Red	= Anger
Blue/Green	= Neutral

Firstly by Dr Kromm's Fatigue = HT and HP = ST optional rules (which I
normaly prefure)

	Gold	Bronze	Brown	Blue	Green
ST	-4	-4	-5	-6	-6
DX	+1	+1	+2	+3	+3
IQ	+1	+1	+0	-1	-1
HT	+3	+3	+2	+2	+2

Points	20	20	0	-10	-10

now by standard rules

ST	-4/+7	-4/+7	-5/+7	-6/+8	-6/+8
DX	+1	+1	+2	+3	+3
IQ	+1	+1	+0	-1	-1
HT	+3/-7	+3/-7	+2/-7	+2/-8	+2/-8

points	6	6	-14	-26	-26

(note standard rules makes Firelizards cheeper)

ADV

Winged Flight		(+30)
Psi Teleport Lv 27	(+34)
	-may activate under stress
	-keeps oritaion and momentum
Telepathy Lv 6/27	(+72)
	(that is 6 levels of full telpathy 
	 and 27 levelces of 'telescan' only)
Sharp Teeth		(+ 5)
Early Maturation(1 Turn)(+20)
Nictating Membrame	(+10)
Sharp Claws		(+25)
Breath Fire		(+13)
	redused rancge (1 hex)
	only after chewing firestone
Racial Memory		(+40)

Disadvantage

Semi-Upright		(- 5)
Incovenient size	(-15)
Distractable		(- 1)
Chummy			(- 5)
Social stigma		(-10)
(no inteletula respect)
Poor grip		(- 5)
Phobia(Red star)	(- 5)
Presetent		(-20)
Nosey			(- 1)
Edgy			(- 1)
Cold Blooded		(-10)
Easy to Read		(-10)

Skills
Telesend at IQ		(+ 4)
Telescan at IQ		(+ 4)
Autoteleport at IQ	(+ 4)

Gold/Bronze	+193 or +179pt
Brown		+173 or +159pt
Blue/Green	+163 or +147pt