Subject: Munchkin Gun!
From: [email-masked] (Shawn A. Fisher)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:15:45 -0600 (CST)

This is a munchkin's dream weapon, and my attempt at arming spec-ops troops
in my campaign with a real force multiplier. Comments are welcome.

Steyr Objective Infantry Assault Weapon System.
     This Steyr OIAWS is a dual-feed 6.5mm select-fire assault weapon
(rifled, long barrel, light automatic, box mag, liquid-propellant with
recoil, bullpup, and light options) with a pump- action 20mm under-barrel
cannon (rifled, extra-low powered, short barrel, manual repeater, box- fed,
liquid-propellant, pistol grip, with under-barrel, recoil and light options).
     The OIAWS is often been called the first "smartgun" because of its
various has advances. It has an integral dedicated, small computer (C2, 1
lbs., $2,200) running a +3 Targeting Program and a 5-mile Laser
Rangefinder/Designator (1.2 lbs., $300) gives +2 to skill. It also has an
integral, variable power 6-18x Light Amplification Scope [+2 to +4 to ACC on
aimed and braced shots; half that on unbraced shots, no darkness penalties
except total darkness] ($1,200, 2 lbs.) with a 3-mile thermograph (Scan 14,
$2,400). In addition, a tunable Day-bright yellow-dot to IR-only laser sight
($300, SS is -1 to 50 yds, and -2 to 100 yds), and a cable slot for link to
a HUD ($500, SS is -2) is included. Neural interface circuitry is standard
($8,175, +1 to +4 to skill depending on the campaign effect of neural
interface). This allows selection of safe or select-fire mode, immediate
action, ejection of magazines, and charging of the weapon to be done by
mental commands--and without using an action. All this runs for about 14
continuos hours on two rC-cells (1 lbs., $200 total). Other accessories are
available upon request.
     The OIAWS uses a liquid-propellant, carried in each magazine, for a
more powerful and versatile weapon. It has three settings, hyper, low, and
normal. The operator can also switch feed between two different magazines.
This takes no time if a successful Guns roll is made, or the neural
interface is used, but it can only be done when the weapon is not firing.
Typical mix is one 50-round magazine of APS, and another of Explosive
bullets (from UT). The rifle can fire with only one magazine inserted,
though military issue magazines are attached by small clamps and are
inserted together, with only one Fast-Draw roll being required for both
magazines.
     One full 50-round magazine for the rifle weighs 1.2 lbs (Wps 0.017/Cps
0.034); an empty one weighs about one-third of a pound. A full 12-round
magazine for the 20mm weighs one pound (Wps 0.060/Cps 0.120); an empty one
weighs about one-third of a pound .
     Notes: The Dual-Feed Mechanism for the assault rifle was designed using
rules from David Pulver (To do this, multiply empty weight by 1.05; the
increase in weight will affect cost normally. It is allowed for any
automatic or autoloading weapon). 

                                    Ewt.           Lwt.           SS
ST             Cost
Steyr OIAWS               4                6.4             11             10
$3,800
W/ 20mm                     2.5              3.5
$2,500
W/ Neural circuitry and servos (x1.75)
$8,175	 
W/ Electronics              5.2
$4,700
Total                            11.7            15.2
$19,175 (about the cost of a MK-19 today!)	

Steyr Rifle         Dmg       Acc         1/2 D       Max     Shots     RoF
Rcl            ST
Normal           (5.85) 6d   11            717        3930   50/50      16*
-1            10
w/ APS         7d+2(2)                      1100      5900
w/ EXP         6d-6 (w 1d concussion)
Hyper              8d-1         11            1100         5900
w/APS         11d+1(2)                    1650           8850
w/ EXP            8d-9 (w 1d concussion)
Low                 3d              8              360        1965 (silent)
w/ APS           4d-1(2)                      540         2950 (silent)
w/ EXP          3d-3 (w 1d concussion)
								
Steyr 20mm  Dmg        SS          Acc       1/2 D       Max      Shots
RoF   Rcl   ST	
Normal          3d           11            5          138        1550
12          3~   -2     10
w/HEDP      4d(5)[2d] (1d-2[2d] if the round misses)			
w/HEAT      4d(10) (1d-2[2d] if the round misses)
Hyper          4d+2                        6          210           2300			
w/HEDP	4d(5)[2d] (1d-2[2d] if the round misses)
w/HEAT    4d(10) (1d-2[2d] if the round misses)
Low           1d+2           3             92          1000
-1
w/HEDP      4d(5)[2d] (1d+2[2d] if the round misses)
w/HEAT      4d(10) (1d-2[2d] if the round misses)

Let me know if you find any mistakes, or if you want more!

Thanks,
SAF