Subject: Mortars and Grenades and Liquid
From: "David L. Pulver" <[email-masked]>

Flaming Bugspray Optional Rule
     *Liquid Projector:* For longer squirting, "Weight Per Shot"
and "Cost Per Shot" should be read as "Weight Per Second" and
"Cost per Second." Firing short, fractional second bursts is
possible.

Light Support Weapons Optional Rule
Here is an optional rule that better simulates the way light-weight
grenade launchers, recoilless rifles and mortars can be built.
 
Bipod and Baseplate Mount
     This is an alternative to a tripod mount. Treat it as a
tripod mount (weight = to weapon weight, cost $10 per pound),
except the weapon is treated as if a High Angle Mount (p. 45),
restricting it to high-angle indirect fire. However, the bipod
and baseplate can disassemble (takes 20 seconds) into two
separate parts each with half weight, making it more portable.
     A bipod and baseplate mount can be bolted inside a vehicle's
cargo bay, so as to fire out a hatch in the roof. This is the
normal way that infantry mortar carriers fire their weapons.
 
Gun Option: Simple Mechanism
     Portable single-shot mortars, grenade launchers and
recoilless rifles, with short barrels and modest recoils, can
omit heavy recuperation mechanisms found in other large-bore
modern cannon.
     *Prerequisites:* Late TL5+ up to 160mm extra-low or low
powered conventional gun, with no longer than a short barrel.
Weapon must be handheld, or use a tripod or bipod & baseplate
mount.
     *Statistics:* -1 Accuracy, -1 Rcl (unless weapon is
recoilless). Divide empty weight and cost by 2 if up to 25mm, 3
if 26-40mm, 4 if 41mm to 50mm, 6 if 51-60mm, or 8 if over 60mm.

-David