Subject: Re: Paintball

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Dale)
Date: 8 Dec 1997 23:47:31 GMT

Lauri C. Gardner ([email-masked]) wrote:

: I was wondering does anyone have specs on paintball guns for GURPS?
: Also any input on Paintball weapons and the possibility on
: getting ammo* would be appreciated. 

: * ammo or ammunition also refers to illegal stuff like HE- and acid-balls

I'd be curious to see if someone could work up real stats based on Vehicles,
with Extra-low-powered .68 caliber design.  However, my very off-the-cuff stats
(it's a TL8 game, so I don't worry too much about reality) are:

  Semi-auto paint gun:  Malf Crit, SS9, Acc4, Max 40, Wt 2, ROF3~, Shots 20
   ST 9, Rcl -1, Cost $200, LR 5.
  SMG paint gun:  Malf Crit, SS10, Acc 5, Max 50, Wt 4,ROF 8, Shots 30,
   ST 9, Rcl -1, Cost $400, LR 5.

Paint pellets:  $10/2 lbs/200, your choice of color.
Glow-In-The-Dark:  Double cost.
Acid: 10x cost.  1d damage plus 1d damage the following two turns or 
    reduce soft armor by 1d DR.  LR 1.
Sandman rounds:  $100/round.  LR 2.  HT-2 roll or 1d fatigue per point of 
    failure, if it hits skin, normal clothing, or open-weave armor, or
     if it hits the face or chest and the target is not wearing a gas mask
    or nasal filters.  Fatigue is cumulative, of course.
Hallucinogen rounds: $50/round, LR 1.  HT-2 roll under same circumstances as
    Sandman, on failure suffer hallucinations starting in 1d seconds and
    lasting 1dx10 minutes; delusions seem real and skill penalty is equal to
    the amount the HT roll was failed by.  If multiple rounds hit, use
    the highest skill penalty and increase the duration by one minute per
    additional shot.
Nerve poison:  $500/round, LR 0.  HT-2 roll under same circumstances as 
    Sandman, on failure paralyzed for 30-HT rounds, 1d damage for each
    point the roll was failed by, max 4d.  If multiple rounds hit, extend
    paralysis by one second for each additional hit.

I did throw a full-conversion cyborg with paint-pellet autorifle loaded 
with acid rounds against the party once.  It was amusing.  They didn't
do much to the deflector shield, though (*imported tech, not TL8...).

--
[email-masked]  "Finally, when the roses were calm again, a huge bed of
mixed snap-dragons, pansies, meadowsweet, irises, violets and sunflowers burst
into life; petals shot into the sky, leaves erupted in all directions; there
was a great, wild, lush, ululating noise; then silence."  (Moorcock)