Subject: Scout: TL10 Tiltrotor aircraft

From: Onno Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 09:44:20 +0100 (MET)

I  agree  with  any  noncommercial  use   of  this  text,  including
modifications, but  I would  like to  be   credited as designer if the
text is  distributed for  more than  personal use.  The designs can be
included in  any net.vehicles.book. Please send errors and suggestions
to              [email-masked]
 
  GURPS VEHICLES TL10 "Scout Tiltrotor Aircraft"
  
  Structure: 250 cf standard medium body (HT375); max load 5t; sealed;
retractable unpowered  wheels; flotation hull; combat-stressed folding
tiltrotor wing; one body hardpoint.
  Propulsion: 1 MW tiltrotor powertrain.
  Power: 1 MW fusion plant and 2.5 KWh rechargeable cell.
  Accomodations: six cramped seats, many armored windows.
  Accessoires:  Crashwebs,   high   security   alarm,   compact   fire
extinguisher, 2*6 man-days life support, NBC kit, radiation shielding,
mini ladar  (12 miles,  scan 20),  ALLTV (+7), cargo ramp, midget comp
(C4), multiband  & secure  tactical radios, commercial transponder, IR
spotlight & IR searchlight.
  Software: Comp  nav, datalink,  sensor op  (skill  15),  routine  op
(skill 14).
  Cargo: 50 cf (and 9.499 cf access space).
  Armor: 180 points expensive, 20 on all locations.
  Statistics: Cost $252,900, design mass 2t, max payload 3t, max cargo
1t, current  load 1t,  loaded mass  3t, size  +3,  radar  +4,  IR  +5,
acoustic +5.
  Helicopter Performance:  Speed factor  40, top  speed 270 mph, accel
13.5 mph/s, decel 10 mph/s, MR 3, SR 4, ceiling 8,100 yards.
  Plane Performance:  Speed factor  48, stall  speed 50 mph, top speed
324 mph,  accel 13.5  mph/s, decel  15 mph/s,  MR 13.75, SR 5, ceiling
12,960 yards.