Subject: Vehicles: hotrod & spy van

From: [email-masked] (Scott Sanford)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 03:51 PST

Sample GURPS Vehicles

  (BTW, the NO2 rules are incomplete; using nitrous oxide as a compression
aid rather than as a combustion fuel is much easier on an engine.)
  I found the rules for maximum cargo mass; after trying two conjectures
about what the rules meant (and getting answers for the Nova of over 36,000
pounds and of two and a half pounds, respectively) I confess failure.  YMMV.

Hotrod (TL7)
  This is an overhauled Chevy Nova SS, the sort of car an enthusiastic
teenage mechanic might create.  Anyone driving this vehicle will gain a
reaction bonus from racers and adventurous PCs if its qualities are
known; expect a similar negative reaction from police and quiet sorts.
Either type might decide to take it away from them!

  Structure: 180 cf standard light body, maximum load 4500 lbs. (body HT
200).  Powered wheeled motive system with four wheels (HT 12/25).  Improved
brakes and suspension.
  Propulsion: 250 KW wheeled drivetrain
  Power: TL7 turbosupercharged gasoline engine, 250 KW output (DR 5, HT 25),
uses 5 gallons per hour; two standard TL7 fuel tanks with 20 gallons of
gasoline per tank (both DR 5, HT20, Fire 11) good for a total of 8 hours.
  Accomodations: Four standard seats.  Many windows.
  Crew: One driver
  Armor: 45 points standard armor; front fender reinforced.  F4/15, B4/10,
R3/5, L3/5, T3/5, U3/5
  Accessories: Burglar alarm, CB radio, nitrous oxide booster, police radio
scanner, stereo.
  Cargo: 18.5 cf internal
  Statistics: Cost $41,450, design mass 3,005 lbs, max. payload 1,495 lbs.,
Size modifier +3, Radar Signature +3, IR Signature +4, Acoustic Signature +4.
  Ground Performance: Ground speed factor 30, top speed 157 mph (172 with
nitrous booster), acceleration 7.875 mph/s, decelleration 15 mph/s, MR 1,
SR 4.  Gets 30 mpg.
  Air and Water Performance: None.