Subject: The Sports Coupe

From: Josh Kortbein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 09:34:08 -0600 (CST)

A vehicle, humbly submitted for the net.vehicles books and for your approval:

Sports Coupe (TL8)

        This fantastic new model from the speed demons over at Ford will set your
heart a flutter. Built completely for speed, with the latest in laser gun detectors,
this machine is the perfect way for you to express your inner child; just watch out
for roadkill - bumps at 200 MPH can be hell!
        Structure: 120 cf XL advanced body, maximum load 1800 lbs. (Body HT 75). Wheeled
motive system (powered) with 4 wheels. (Wheels have HT 9, DR 2. Tires have HT 5).
Improved brakes, improved suspension, smartwheels, fair aerodynamic streamlining.
        Propulsion: 125 KW wheeled drivetrain.
        Power: MHD turbine with 150 KW output. Requires 3 gallons of HO per hour,
provided by 30 gallon HO fuel tank with HT 18 and Fire 10.
        Accommodation: 2 light, normal, internal seats.
        Crew Requirements: One operator
        Armor: 30 points of advanced TL8 armor, distributed as follows: T3/5, U3/5,
R3/5, L3/5, B3/5, F3/5.
        Accessories: Driver's side crashweb. High security alarm. Environmental controls.
Laser sensors.
        Weaponry: Optional. See the guy in the back for details. :)
        Statistics: Cost $46850. Design mass 870 lbs. Current payload: 300 (enough for
two robust humanoids). Loaded mass 1170. Loaded mass in tons .585. Size modifier +2.
Radar signature +2. IR signature +2. Acoustic signature +2 (0 when powered down).
        Ground performance: Endurance 10 hrs. Top speed 195.5. Acceleration 8.625.
Deceleration 15. MR 1.5. SR 6.
        Air performance: N/A
        Water performance: N/A

                                        (C) 1994 by Josh Kortbein

-------------- Cut here ---------

...............................................................................
Josh Kortbein                                   [email-masked]
Editor-in-chief, _The_Dragon's_Orb_
AKA Neuromancer

"I think I'm dumb... I think I dumb... I think I'm dumb...
  maybe just happy... maybe just happy... maybe just happy..."

                                        - Nirvana
...............................................................................