Subject: Scout: TL10 exploration walker

From: Onno Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 09:46:26 +0100 (MET)

I  agree  with  any  noncommercial  use   of  this  text,  including
modifications, but  I would  like to  be   credited as designer if the
text is  distributed for  more than  personal use.  The designs can be
included in  any net.vehicles.book. Please send errors and suggestions
to              [email-masked]
  
  GURPS Vehicles TL10 "Scout Walker"
  
  Structure: 250  cf standard  heavy body  (HT 500);  max  load  7.5t;
sealed;  six   retractable  legs   with  improved  suspension  (HT83);
submersible hull (flotation 6.875t).
  Propulsion: 400 KW leg drivetrain and 400 KW screw.
  Power: 400 KW "small" fusion plant.
  Accomodations: Four  cramped seats, vision slits.
  Accessoires:  Two  crashwebs  (front  seats),  high-security  alarm,
compact fire  extinguisher, 4*2  days life support, NBC kit, radiation
shielding, short-range  hydrophones (8 miles, scan 20), mini ladar (12
miles, scan  20), ALLTV  (+7), midget  comp (C4), two light mecha arms
(ST375), neural induction helmet & jack, secure tactical radio, multi-
band radio, commercial transponder, three IR spotlights, winch.
  Software: Comp  nav, datalink,  sensor op  (skill  15),  routine  op
(skill 14).
  Cargo: 30 cf (and 6.5 cf access space).
  Armor: 400 points cheap, F50 B50 R100 L100 T50 U50.
  Statistics: Cost  $212,050, design  mass 3t,  max payload  4.5t, max
cargo 0.9t, current load 1t, loaded mass 4t, size +3, radar +3, IR +5,
acoustic +2.
  Ground Performance:  Speed factor  18, top  speed 81 mph, accel 6.75
mph/s, decel 25 mph/s, MR 1.75, SR 5.
  Surface Performance:  Speed factor  8, top  speed 36 mph, accel 2.25
mph, decel 12.25 mph, MR 0.75, SR 4, draft 3.2 feet.
  Submerged Performance:  Speed factor 4, top speed 18 mph, max. depth
250 yards, diving at 1.125 yards/second.