Subject: gadget: 'repulsor' weapon system

From: Anthony Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

Inspired by some logic for G:Traveller repulsors, but aside from TL there's
nothing really non-GURPS about it in any case.  Comments?

Repulsor Weapon System (TL 10 GT; TL 12 with regular GURPS)
    A repulsor weapon is a gravmop variant -- any gravmop can be modified
to act as one if desired.  It acts as a gravmop, with the following 
modifications:

-   Cannot do impaling damage
-   RoF should always be 1
-   Vacuum range is multiplied by 10, not 1 (probably should apply to normal
    gravmops as well, mass (e.g. atmosphere) probably has some effect).
-   Can be used as a pressor beam, if desired.  Uses 1 shot per minute.
    Base ST is equal to 4 * the # of dice of the beam (+1  per +1 damage)
-   Can be _spread_.  Normally has enough area to hit a size +0 object
    (radius 1 yard).  Divide damage by the desired radius.  Cannot have
    a radius exceeding the # of dice.
-   If spread, base attack rolls on the size of the area being targeted
    or the size of the object, whichever is more.  The size modifier for
    the area is 2 + <range/speed table for radius>.
-   If spread, multiply damage (after DR) by 'effective radius'.  This
    distance is equal to whatever radius gives a size mod equal to the
    size mod of the object.  Multiply ST by the _square_ of this radius.